Birthday parties at Nahant Marsh Education Center are a memorable way to celebrate the occasion! Two-hour long parties are offered most Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. for up to 15 children and are appropriate for children ages 3 years and older.
ROOM RENTAL ONLY: $80 for 2 hours Private parties will be held in our new addition during normally-scheduled business hours. The addition has 2 accessible restrooms, AV equipment, and tables and chairs that you are able to arrange according to your needs. No materials may be attached to the walls, but you are welcome to bring your own decorations for the tables. We recommend bringing coolers to keep your drinks and treats cold while you are here.
ROOM AND NATURALIST: $120 for 2 hours. For an additional $40, you may schedule a naturalist to lead a nature program that is both age and seasonally appropriate. Programs will be done during the first half of the party and may last up to 1 hour. Both options allow you to bring in your own peanut-free food, cake, presents, and games.
We recommend that you schedule at least two months in advance to secure your preferred date. Parties must be scheduled at least one month in advance. A signed contract and 50% deposit is due one month prior to your scheduled party. We ask that you please return the space in the same condition and arrangement that you found it in. Please submit the form below.
• Can we bring more than 15 children? Due to staffing, our birthday parties are limited to 15 children.
• Can the party include your resident snakes and turtles? Yes! When booking your party, you are welcome to discuss a naturalist-led program that includes our turtles and/or snakes. Due to staffing, however, we cannot guarantee that a naturalist will be available to show the animals if you have chosen the room rental only option.
• Can our naturalist-led activity be outdoors? When booking your party, you are welcome to discuss seasonally-appropriate outdoor activities. In the event of inclement weather, we reserve the right to adapt the program for indoors to ensure everyone’s safety.
• Are extra adults allowed to stay? Yes! Additional chairs will be available for you to use as needed. The number of adults you can seat comfortably depends on how you plan to use the space.
• What happens if I need to cancel? Cancellations must be reported at least 24 hours in advance by the contact person on file. Cancellations made with less than 24 hours’ notice will forfeit the 50% deposit.
• What information should I include on my invitations? Our address: Nahant Marsh Education Center 4220 Wapello Ave. Davenport, IA 52802 Guests might get caught by the train if coming by way of South Concord Street. Nahant Marsh is also accessible via Rockingham Road/ Highway 22 and Wapello Avenue.
© 2020 Nahant Marsh Education Center