Your wetland adventure begins here!
Nahant Marsh Education Center, through the Eastern Iowa Community Colleges, offers a wide variety of environmental education programming for people of all ages.
Fields trips or private tours can be tailored for K-12, homeschool groups, camps, church groups, garden clubs, families, and more!
Please contact Amy Loving, Education Coordinator at email@example.com or 563-336-3373 to schedule a visit.
- Field Trips are designed to engage youth in hand-on learning about the natural world. The programs offered focus on wetlands, local wildlife and plants, stewardship, and conservation.
- Fees – $6 per child. No fee for teachers and/or adult chaperones.
- Field Trips are conducted Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00am – 2:00pm.
- Please carefully review the Field Trip Planning Guide. It contains important information and a list of education programs.
- Consider scheduling an outreach program. Refer to the guide for a list of program suitable for the classroom.
- Click here to schedule a visit with your class or group!
- Tours are designed to engage visitors with a brief, but engaging and informative visit. The tours are an excellent choice for adult groups and clubs.
- Tours of Nahant Marsh are conducted Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm and Saturday between the hours of 9:00am – Noon. After hour tours are by appointment only with an additional fee.
- Tours are typically 60 – 90 minutes and can include a presentation on the history of Nahant Marsh, nature hike, and a viewing of “Resurrecting the Wetlands: The Story of Nahant Marsh“.
Scholarships are available for field trips, outreach, and bussing fees beginning in October 2016. Please contact Amy, firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to qualify.
Additional Resources: Online Games and Activities
ISU Wildlife Publications http://www.extension.iastate.edu/wildlife/Publications
Project Learning Tree http://www.plt.org/
Cornell’s Citizen Science Central http://www.birds.cornell.edu/citscitoolkit
Center for Environmental Education http://www.ceeonline.org/default.aspx
Environmental Protection Agency http://www.epa.gov/students/teachers.html
Kid Wings (virtual owl pellet dissection) http://www.kidwings.com/index.htm
EPA Environmental Kids Club http://www.epa.gov/kids/game.htm